Alright so first I imported my vine mesh into unreal which was way too small to start off with so I had to go back and make it bigger. Woops. I also think it might be too long but for now I'm going to start my blueprinting and see how things work out.
Second mistake. Make sure your mesh is standing up right, not laying down. Had to redo that as well along with fiddling with the size to make it as close as I'd like it. I made it a little bigger than I would need just so it is easier to see.
Alright, after going through a couple tutorials I managed to get down all the blueprint I need to set up my spline. I learned a lot and tried my best to only look at the blueprint when I was stuck, I was surprised with how much I actually knew without them, however when compiling, it took a couple tries. First time I compiled I forgot to connect Exec (the white links) together. Second time, I linked the Exec in the wrong order... Oops. But finally I got it to compile properly.
Ta da! It works.
That's one part of the Proof of tech, next is getting into 3DCoat!
Game Development Student learning how to proficiently use Unreal Engine, 3DCoat and/or Quixel